A sump pump is an electrical pump used to pump water from the basement or crawl space to outside of the home. Sumps pumps work in combination with a sump pit, which collects water from a basement or crawl space. The sump pump then pumps the water out of that sump pit and away from your home's foundation. These units are a helpful device for many homeowners in the Fredericksburg and surrounding area.
The professionals at American Plumbing Service have the expertise to repair, replace or install a sump pump system to keep water from damaging your property. If you live in Gillespie County, Mason County, Llano County, Blanco County, Kendall County, Kerr County, Kimble County or a neighboring Hill Country location and your home has a cellar or basement, chances are, you already have a sump pump keeping the space dry. These units are a helpful device for many homeowners in the area.
Make sure your sump pump is working fine with professional sump pump repair and installation services by American Plumbing Service.
If you are considering replacing or getting a sump pump for the first time you need to know your options. Did you know there are actually two types of sump pumps available to residential customers? Both types are effective in different ways and fit different needs. Here are the main differences between the two:
- Pumps water at a high rate per minute, making it ideal for homeowners looking who will rely on it for everyday use.
- The motor can be fully submerged in water without sustaining damage.
- This pump is more durable and long-lasting than other types of pumps.
- The pump is located on a pedestal above the tank and cannot be submerged in water.
- Pumps water at a slower rate, making it better for homeowners who will rely on the sump pump for emergency situations only.
With both types of pumps, it's important to make sure you have a battery backup. That way if the power goes out, you can still rely on the unit to move water out and away from your home.
American Plumbing Service also provides repair services for your existing sump pump in case you encounter issues. The most common problems that we see with sump pumps are:
- Improper installation: if the pump was not installed properly or the wrong size of pump was installed, it can cause many problems down the road. Our technicians are detail oriented and make sure the job is done right the first time, 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
- No battery backup: Since you may be relying on your pump during power outages, make sure your sump pump has a battery backup. We can provide this feature and walk you through how it works.
- Seizing up: It’s common to see a sump pump seize from lack of use, if it’s only been installed for emergencies. To keep the pump running smoothly, test it regularly by dumping enough water in it to trigger the pump and make sure it’s working.
Plumbing issues in the bathroom are no fun to deal with, but they’re even worse when left alone. If you notice an issue, address the problem on the spot. Contact the plumbing professionals that care at American Plumbing Service by calling (830)-992-3393 to request an immediate appointment today.
Or to request an appointment online or ask any questions you may have, fill out the form at the bottom of this page. We look forward to working with you! We look forward to working with you! We proudly serve the Texas Hill Country including Gillespie County, Mason County, Llano County, Blanco County, Kendall County, Kerr County and Kimble County.